The Spring time is the reveal of warmer temperatures outside and unwanted hidden treasures inside. Many consider this as time of the year for household cleaning. Spring Cleaning a phrase known by many is when neglected rooms in the house during the winter months are cleaned from top to bottom. One of those hidden treasures is the kitchen stove top.
Remember that pot which boiled over during holiday cooking and to avoid being burnt you lightly wiped off or decided you would clean later. This is the time of year you realized you never made it to later. Now that spill is a stuck on stain that will not budge without losing some skin from scrubbing off.
This is when the following action steps should help to make cleaning the stove top easier and less time consuming.
Remove all removable pieces from the stove top. Drip pans, burner grates, racks, and knobs if possible. Set up a sink with hot soapy water and place them their while you work on the stove top. After cleaning the stove top wash these pieces thoroughly and dry. Use cooktop cleaner where necessary for pieces that need additional cleaning.
- Considered #1 Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner formula in the world
- Safe for ALL Radiant and Halogen Cooktops
- Recommended by GE Appliances
- Ability to clean stainless steel cookware and sinks
- Available for your appliance care needs
- Comes in an 18 oz. container
- Safe for cleaning and polishing all radiant and halogen glass or ceramic cooktops and glass cookware
- Contains no phosphates
- Works on cultured marble sinks and porcelain sinks
- Works on glass shower doors
- Works on fiberglass bathing stalls
Follow directions listed on bottle before applying to cooktop. Usually have cleanser sit for an amount of time before attempting to scrub off stains. Knuckle scrapes and broken nails are typical during this activity and can be prevented through the use of the Kitchen & Household Sonic Scrubber.
- Oscillating brushes for high speed back and forth scrubbing
- Effective for hard-to-reach and difficult-to-clean areas
- Works great with your favorite cleaning solutions
- Angled head prevents knuckle scrapes and broken nails
- Portable and water tight for easy cleaning around water
Depending on the surface the device may create scratches. If there is a chance for scratching/damage, test in an inconspicuous place to make sure it doesn’t damage surface area.
Remember the best way to prevent build up on the surface of your stove top is cleaning the day of the spill. However that is not always possible so take advantage of the following cleaning tips this Spring.