- The door is ajar. The compactor will not work if the door isn’t closed all the way.
- The unit is unplugged.
- The unit is not receiving power. Check your fuse or circuit breaker and inspect electrical cord for damage. Also plug in a different appliance, such as a hair dryer. If you have no power, check the fuse, GFCI, or circuit breaker.
- If an extension cord is being used, disconnect and plug the trash compactor directly into outlet.
- Check that the key lock switch is turned all the way to Start. Some models of compactor need you to press On before pressing Start.
- Start switch may be malfunctioning and should be checked.
- Tilt switch may be malfunctioning and should be checked.
- Safety switch may be malfunctioning and should be checked.
- The motor centrifugal switch needs to be tested.
- The motor may have overloaded and should be checked for functionality.
For any additional refrigerator issues visit AP Wagner’s Trash Compactor Repair Guide or search for the replacement part that can resolve your trash compactor issues.