UPDATE: Read current articles about appliance rebates here:
- Cash in your old refrigerator for a new energy efficient model
- Get cash back on the purchase of a new appliance with Cash for (Appliance) Clunkers
- Energy-efficient appliance rebates in Florida; recycle your appliance and make money
Read this if you are thinking about buying an energy efficient appliance in order to save money:
- How your energy efficient appliances could be costing you money
- Appliance shopping advice for smart consumers
The U.S. Government will be providing $300 million in rebates to consumers who buy energy-efficient appliances for their home as part of the $787 billion economic stimulus bill to be signed into law as early as Tuesday, February 17, 2009, according to media reports.
The “Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Program” will be administered by the states and help offset the cost to consumers who purchase energy-efficient ENERGY STAR appliances including refrigerator‐freezers, dishwashers and clothes washers.
In addition to federal tax rebates, consumers might also be eligible for utility or state rebates, as well as state tax incentives. Check the website for your state and your utility company for more details.
EnergyStar.gov offers this handy rebate locator to help you save even more money. Simply enter your zip code and check the boxes for items you are looking to save money on purchasing. http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=rebate.rebate_locator
For more information: