The article recommends washing the inside and outside of your over the stove hood with warm, soapy water. Never use an abrasive sponge to clean the range as it may scratch the hood’s finish.
If your range vent hood has a metal filter or grease filter, remove it and soak it in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before putting it back in the hood. However, if your hood uses a charcoal filter, this cannot be soaked and your best bet is to replace this filter yearly.
You can read this entire article online here.
If you need help finding a new replacement charcoal filter for your stove hood, you can use APWagner.com’s Part Finder, enter the model number of your vent hood and it will return a list of parts for your range hood, including the correct charcoal filter for your hood. If you do not know the model number of your hood, check APWagner’s model number locator page.
You can also get help by calling their toll-free customer help line at 1-888-279-2463.
More Information and Web Links for Range Hoods:
- How Do Range Vent Hoods Work?
- The information will help you understand how most range vent hoods work. Before looking at the problems with range vent hoods, it is important that you have an understanding of how they work.
- Common Questions About Range Vent Hoods (FAQs)
- Why doesn’t my range vent hood fan work? Why does my fan keep cycling on and off? Frequently asked – and answered – questions.
- Maintenance Tips for Range Vent Hoods
- Keep your range vent hood in top working order for years to come with these helpful tips.